Thursday, May 24, 2012

After 3 very windy nights camping at the Grand Canyon I was ready to move on to my next adventure.  I packed up all my very dusty gear, stuffed it back into my car and headed for the west coast.  I drove across the Mohave Desert where I transitioned from my campsite temperature of 40 degrees to about 100 degrees. 

At the CA border all vehicles must stop for inspection.  I was more than a little worried that I'd have to unpack my whole car for the inspection and then repack it in the extreme heat.  The border guard only asked if I was transporting any fresh fruits and vegetables.  I didn't expect that.  I said I only had trail mix to which the guard responded, "California does not have any restrictions on trail mix."  Well I guess it's true that CA is like a bowl of granola:  the land of fruits & nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment