Saturday, May 26, 2012


 I bid a fond farewell to Yosemite and headed to the Napa Valley region of CA.  Along the way I came across the Jelly Belly factory and had to stop in for a tour.  Some of the below appetizing experimental flavors were offered on the tour and for sale in the gift shop.  What the hell were they thinking!?  And people actually tried them.  What I want to know is how much they have to pay someone to taste the actual offensive substances in order to duplicate the flavor in the lab.


A visit to Napa Valley requires a visit to a winery of course.  I stopped at the first place I found and even though it was closing time the nice shop keeper invited me in to sample her wares.  It turns out that I was at the Suisun Valley Wine Cooperative and Pat the sales manager happily allowed me to sample wines from several different wineries.  It also turns out that Pat has family living in OH.  Pat's friend Steve,  a real estate agent was on hand to invite me to buy property in CA.  If only I could.  Nevertheless, we all had a lovely chat.  So I'd like to give a shout out to my new friends Pat and Steve.  It was nice to meet you.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment