Thursday, June 21, 2012

I talked about my search for the ultimate fish taco in my travel blog.  Well I never found what I was looking for.  But it turns out the best fish taco is the one you make at home.

I prepared tilapia fillets by rolling them lightly in flour, then dipping them in an egg mixture and finally covering them generously with Panko bread crumbs.  I fried them in a light canola oil before adding to crisp corn taco shells on a bed of Romaine lettuce.  I added salsa and shredded cabbage.  I also made a spicy guacamole dip from scratch.  Of course a meal like this must include a yummy Jose Cuervo grapefruit tangerine Margarita!  The perfect meal.  My toughest critic, my daughter Emily gave it a two thumbs up. Also, I'd like to give credit to Emily for professionally salting the rim of my Margarita glass.

So perhaps I'm not quite done with my blog after all.  Whether it's travel, camping, hiking, cooking or whatever, I may just have more to say.  Until my next post...Happy Trails!   

1 comment:

  1. You've created some great memories and your blog posts will keep them fresh. Love the great photos you took. Hope you will continue to record your adventures even when close to home.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete